At the Sentry Auto Group, we are driven to earn our customers' loyalty by working together as an outstanding team of people. Each day, we are committed to doing business with integrity and striving for continuous improvement. By fulfilling these commitments, we work toward our mission: to be the dealerships that are "The right way to buy a car."
Four Steps Of Service
- Greet customers warmly and sincerely. Use the customer's name if and when possible (title and last name as in Mr. X, Ms. Y, unless the customer instructs otherwise); otherwise use "sir" and "ma'am." Acknowledge everyone (customers and employees) within ten feet (the "10-foot rule").
- Respond to the customer's needs without being asked.
- Under-promise & over-deliver. Not by too much, but by just enough - like a baker's dozen.
- Give customers a warm good-bye and use their name, if and when possible; otherwise use "sir" and "ma'am." Always say "please" and "thank you" when you are taking a customer's money.
The Sentry Sixteen: The Basics
- The Mission is Sentry's principal belief. It must be known, owned and energized by all. "The right way to buy a car" is a philosophy. It refers not just to buying, but to all aspects of our operation - service, parts, body shop, rentals, accounting, HR.
- As professionals, we treat our customers and each other with respect and dignity.
- The Four Steps of Service are the foundation of Sentry hospitality. These steps must be used in every interaction to ensure satisfaction, retention and loyalty. All employees will be trained in the Four Steps and the Sixteen Basics.
- Each employee is responsible for positively contributing to a work environment of teamwork and mutual respect so that the needs of our customers and each other are met. The company is responsible for supporting this contribution by responding to any employee concern that could detract from that work environment.
- Each employee is empowered. For example, when a customer has a problem or needs something special you should break away from your regular duties, address and resolve the issue.
- Cleanliness is the responsibility of every employee.
- Own complaints. If you receive a complaint, you should seek either to resolve it yourself to the customer's satisfaction, or to get the appropriate person involved.
- "Smile - we are on stage." Always maintain positive eye contact. Use the proper vocabulary with customers. (Use words like - "Good Morning," "Certainly," "I'll be happy to," "No problem," and "My pleasure."
- Be an ambassador of Sentry in and outside of the work place. Always talk positively. Communicate any concerns to the appropriate person.
- Escort customers rather than pointing out directions to another area of the dealership. Make sure there is someone at the destination to provide assistance and provide an introduction, if appropriate.
- Use Sentry telephone etiquette. Answer within three rings and with a "smile," using your name and the name of your department. Follow the Four Steps on the phone as well as in person. When necessary, ask the caller "May I place you on hold?" Eliminate call transfers whenever possible. When a transfer is necessary, "own" the call until the next person has picked it up. Adhere to voice mail standards.
- Every eligible employee is responsible for attending training specific to your functional area and maintaining any relevant factory certifications.
- Take pride in and care of your personal appearance. Everyone is responsible for conveying a professional image by adhering to Sentry dress standards.
- Think safety first. Each employee is responsible for ensuring the safety of our employees and customers. Be aware of all safety procedures.
- Protecting the assets of Sentry is the responsibility of every employee. Conserve energy, properly maintain our facilities, protect our vehicle and parts inventories, and protect the environment.
- Each employee will utilize the Sentry Signatures (such as car covers for deliveries, stuffed animals or balloons for kids, etc.) when appropriate or develop their own signature gestures to deliver personalized service that is valued and memorable.
Have questions or need help? Our friendly staff is available to answer any questions you may have.